eLearning at the University of Fairfax
Secure your future and advance your cybersecurity career as you learn exclusively online at the University of Fairfax. eLearning is convenient for cybersecurity professionals who need to be mobile and responsive in a demanding and fast-paced field.
All our accredited, practitioner-oriented cybersecurity graduate programs are delivered through an accessible, interactive, online platform that provides you with the:
- Convenience of 24/7 access to your courses from any location
- Flexibility to better juggle your work, family and educational commitments
- Opportunity for one-on-one support
- Ability to collaborate and engage with faculty and fellow student professionals
Our expert practitioner faculty and practitioner-oriented curriculum will help you apply what you learn right away. Through rigorous, engaging, online cybersecurity courses you will:
- Learn current best practices from leading expert practitioner faculty
- Share your ideas and collaborate with fellow students and faculty
- Enhance your critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Improve your communication skills
- Complete real world projects, which apply to your workplace
Through its collaborative, interactive eLearning programs, you'll build your professional network as you complete your education. The practitioner faculty who teach your courses, as well as the cybersecurity colleagues with whom you collaborate online, will become an integral part of your professional network throughout your career as you:
- Increase your visibility with peers in the field
- Apply what you learn on the job and are recognized for your contributions
- Network with faculty and fellow students
- Find rewarding professional opportunities
A Unique Online School Learning Approach
We utilize a unique approach to online learning -- one that blends two types of online delivery methods to provide the most effective online learning experience for adult learners. To enhance learning, our online programs include opportunities for both real time (synchronous) and asynchronous interaction.
Asynchronous interaction occurs by participating in instructor-led "threaded discussions." Students participate at times that best fit their schedules.
Online Chat Rooms
Your instructor holds "office hours" at a prescribed time each week in the evening. These sessions are not required, but are available to help support you. Each chat is automatically archived and can be viewed after the session.
These sessions are scheduled every other week and provide a forum for collaborative learning by enabling real-time interaction between faculty and students. They are recorded and archived for student use.
Students must have personal access to a Windows-enabled computer with a minimum of 512 MB RAM, high speed internet connectivity, and the appropriate office suite of software to support word-processing, presentation development and spreadsheet capabilities. In addition, a web-cam and microphone/headset are required.
Support for Online Learning
The University of Fairfax online cybersecurity degree, certificate and certification programs provide you with the tools and support you need to succeed as you learn online. This online educational platform is both user-friendly and easy-to-navigate. To ensure that students have a productive and beneficial educational experience, all new students participate in orientation on how to utilize the online platform.
In addition, many support services enhance your online learning experience, including:
- Mobile access to courses through smart phone technology, such as Android, iPhone
- Twitter feeds for timely notice of important deadlines and announcements
- Help Desk for technical assistance available 24/7
- Electronic Library resources available for conducting secondary research 24/7
- Online Librarian
- Library Tutorials/Webinars on secondary research
Join the Cybersecurity Elite
U of F Cybersecurity Education Path
» Download PDF or register for a