Earn Your University of Fairfax Doctorate of Software Development Degree Online
This preeminent developer's curriculum at the University of Fairfax has been specifically designed for the IT professional looking to advance and leverage their career as a Chief Software Engineer or Developer. Students will acquire an advanced understanding and expertise in big data, security, architecture, design, and programming expertise required by the software developers of the next generation.
A Program for Professionals, Taught by Professionals
The DSD program will prepare students to identify high-level functional and technical requirements that encompass the interactions within an enterprise architecture environment. Specific studies will delve into the core and future areas that are expected of senior and chief software developers and offer an advanced understanding of software engineering, architecture and design, comprehension and maintenance, and programming problem solving techniques that are needed to acquire senior level positions in the software development field.
Upon completion of this degree program, graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate organizational issues and recommend database solutions
- Evaluate appropriate design choices when solving real-world problems
- Develop software engineering process models and management approaches for design and architecture of large software systems
- Design technical documentations to include the technical aspects of architecture, design, and quality assurance
- Develop Business Intelligence (BI) using a wide range of applications, practices, and technologies for the extraction, transformation, integration, visualization, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data to support improved decision making
The DSD degree program consists of 62 credits semester credits beyond a master's degree.