Cybersecurity Best Practices (CISSP)
IA7020 Information Security Systems and Organizational Awareness
In this course, students will familiarize themselves with the eight domains of the (ISC)2 Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) in information security as a framework to critically analyze security awareness issues and to evaluate best practices in implementing security systems within the enterprise. (3 credits)
DELIVERABLES: Best Practice Analyses and Mock plans
- To analyze structures, transmission methods, transport formats and security measures that enable confidentiality, integrity and availability in business communications.
- To examine best practices which serve to manage and reduce security risks associated with various frameworks, networks and technology structures of an enterprise.
- To assess best practices used in establishing controls, within business applications, which support the security strategy of an enterprise.
- To evaluate the impact of high level procedures, structures and standards used in defining, designing, and implementing information systems and technology.
- To propose best practices which utilize the means and methods of disguising information through cryptography in order to protect confidentiality and integrity of data.
IA7030 Legal and Ethical Practices in Information Security
In this course, students will draw on what they learned from IA7020 to dig deeper into the eight domains of the (ISC)2 Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) in information security by evaluating information security case studies and produce real-life deliverables. (3 credits)
DELIVERABLES: Best Practice Analyses
- To evaluate physical, procedural, and environmental risks associated with a business information technology infrastructure.
- To recommend procedures and best practices required to preserve business in the face of major disruptions to normal operations.
- To propose best practices for the protection and control of information technology resources.
- To understand how to develop typical deliverables for information security programs such as an assessment plan, security policies, and implementation plan.
Credits required for Certificate: 6
Join the Cybersecurity Elite
U of F Cybersecurity Education Path
» Download PDF or register for a