Earn Your University of Fairfax Business Administration Master's Degree Online
The accredited Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program consists of 12 online courses (36 credit hours).
Learn from seasoned business professionals and apply the necessary methods and tools needed to lean an organization. The University of Fairfax MBA program was developed by industry experts and gives you a broad foundation in the full spectrum of business management, with the option of specializing in one of three distinct areas. Through the program, business professionals increase their breadth of knowledge; ability to analyze business alternatives more thoroughly; and opportunities for more challenging, responsible, and productive careers in the business community. The University of Fairfax offers the following specialized areas:
- General MBA
- Information Technology
- Project Management
Degree Program Objectives
The MBA degree program develops professionals who:
- collaborate effectively as a business professional using both verbal and written communication methods
- implement project management methods and techniques to enhancing an organizational performance, quality, and safety
- utilize qualitative and/or quantitative methods to solve critical business problems
- evaluate how ethical considerations impact all business decisions
- develop the skills and tools to manage and communicate in all facets of an organization including finance, information technology, cyber security, big data governance, human resources, project management, supply chain, business law, and business research
Degree Program Outcomes
Upon completion of the MBA degree program, you will be able to:
- collect, analyze, and assess data to help organizations make accurate business decisions and leverage their profitability
- evaluate the impact of business constraints and processes within an organization
- integrate principles and techniques of risk analysis, project planning, and change management to make accurate business decisions
- demonstrate secondary research skills in the investigation and selection of best practice solutions to address business challenges
- demonstrate mastery of theory, concepts, and skills in addressing specialized aspects of managing an organization
Potential Careers for Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management Graduates:
When you graduate with a MBA at Fairfax, you will be prepared for many exciting careers in the business field. Our graduates have gone on to work in high-level positions in the United States Navy, the Department of Veterans Affairs, Lockheed Martin, Cisco Systems, Wells Fargo, and other high-level organizations.
Learn more about the career potential for some of the most common jobs in the business field:
General and Operations Manager
The job outlook is expected to rise much faster than the average employment rate at 17% over a 10-year span from 2014 - 2024 for a General and Operations Manager. As of 2014, there were approximately 2,188,870 jobs in the Business Management field Bureau of Labor Statistics.
A Financial Manager also has a strong growth rate at 7% and anticipates 555,900 positions by 2024. Given these strong statistics, the forecast for job opportunities in this field are much higher than in other careers. According to the BLS, professionals in this role earn an average salary of $121,750 per year.